Motto: “loving hearts, serving hands, growing faith”
Vision Statement: The vision of the Warren Church is to build and nurture a fellowship of faith and love, reaching out with both to proclaim Christ and to care and serve in practical ways to make God’s love.
Mission Statement: Acknowledging God’s love, the mission of Warren Congregational Church is to know and make known God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit through:
- Reaching out to welcome all people
- Offering a loving, supportive community of faith
- Providing a place to gather regularly to worship God and celebrate the Sacraments
- Experiencing and responding to God’s love
- Growing together through the good news about Jesus
- Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we seek to serve Christ and to minister in His name, both here in Warren and in the world at large
At Warren Congregational Church we believe shared convictions are important to maintain unity in the Body of Christ and in the Local Church. We also believe that Christians can lovingly and respectfully disagree on certain matters and peacefully worship and fellowship together. At the same time we maintain that there are foundational beliefs on which our faith is built.
- We believe that the Bible including both the Old and New Testaments is God’s Word. It is the guide for faith, doctrine and life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son, is the image of the invisible God. He took upon Himself the form of a man, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- We believe that man was originally created in the image of God to live in His fellowship. Man fell into sin through the temptation of Satan and because of this we are all born with sinful natures and are in need of a Savior.
- We believe that through Jesus Christ’s perfect obedience and substitutionary death on the cross, He has purchased our salvation.
- We believe that through God’s grace and mercy and through faith alone we are given the free gift of eternal life. God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- We believe that by abiding in Christ believers lives can be transformed through the indwelling and regenerative work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God wants all people to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth and we are actively interested in giving everyone an opportunity to enter into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Church consists of all who come to faith in Jesus Christ and a congregation is an assembly of believing Christians guided by the Word of God. We encourage the use of lay persons in spreading the Gospel and furthering the work of the Kingdom of God.
- We believe that Christ’s love is revealed in Christians through loving and serving our neighbors. We endeavor to follow Christ’s example and be obedient to His commands to care for our neighbors physical and emotional needs while we share the Gospel.
Pastor Gary Kitchin was born and raised in Bantam CT. After graduating from Litchfield High School he began to work as an apprentice carpenter and in 1972 he married his wife Anne. For the next 33 years Gary worked primarily in construction as a carpenter and carpenter foreman while residing in Northwest CT. In 2002 Gary and Anne felt called into the ministry and in 2003 Gary returned to school to fulfill prerequisite studies for seminary. In 2005 Gary and Anne moved to Fergus Falls Minnesota to study at the Lutheran Brethren Seminary. While attending seminary Gary served for 3 years as the visitation Pastor at Stavanger Lutheran Church in Fergus Falls. In 2008 after Graduating from seminary Gary accepted a call to serve as the Pastor at Bunker Hill Lutheran Church in Princeton, NJ. While serving at Bunker Hill in 2009 he was ordained as a Minister of the Church of the Lutheran Brethren. In April 2015 he accepted the call to be Pastor at the Warren Congregational Church. Gary and Anne are passionate about sharing the Good News about Jesus Christ and the Grace of God. They have two children, Jennifer Gill of Riverside CA, and Lori Stickney of Litchfield CT. and 5 grandchildren.